Jiu Jitsu Dummies Ep.14, Jiu-Jitsu For Law Enforcement and Police Officers with Freddy Trillo Of The Trillo JiuJitsu Academy in Miami FL
Jiu-Jitsu Dummies, Episode 14. The Dummies welcome Freddy Trillo from the Trillo JiuJitsu Academy in Miami Florida. We discuss:
- How he was almost killed as a rookie Police Officer
- How he got his start in Jiu Jitsu
- Benefits of Jiu-Jitsu for all Law Enforcement
- What percentage of law enforcement departments are teaching jiu-jitsu?
- Gi vs NoGi training
- How do you avoid becoming too “sport centric” in your jiu-jitsu?
- Would you promote a student who doesn’t train in gi?
- Should teachers learn jiu-jitsu and should schools provide the training?
Great video from the Gracie's discussed in the podcast: Why Kids Quit Jiu-Jitsu (& How to Prevent it!)
- Check out the podcast and foundation's GoFundMe to donate to our Jiu-Jitsu Scholarship Program
- Become a Podcast Patron to enter our $100 or more monthly Jiu Jitsu Dummies Podcast Raffle at Patreon.com/jiujitsudummies
Thank you to Episode Sponsors:
FightBack CBD - Get 15% off your next order with Code: JJD
Special thanks to Flow Kimonos
Want us to Shout-Out you, your gym or your products/brand on the show? Visit https://www.patreon.com/jiujitsudummies to become a Show Patron or Sponsor for as little as $5 per month!
This episode is also sponsored by the Jiu Jitsu Dummies Podcast Store. Get 10% OFF with code: dummiespod14
Visit Jiu Jitsu Dummies for more details about the show, becoming a Sponsor, and a list of sites and apps to download or view the podcast.